EVENT: EARTH RECLAMATION DAY
The event will start soon after 8.3 lands on your platform. The event task chain will be available in the Operations interface.
Yan-Di Ventures host a tournament to recruit able pilots for their Earth Reclamation initiative. Meddle with the crowd to learn why Earth needs reclaiming in the first place. Also, don’t miss out on a chance to boost your hangar.
The following prizes will be available in Special Deliveries and operations throughout the event:
- New titan: Indra
- New titan weapons: Vajra, Maha-Vajra
- New titan module: Damage Controller
- New pilots: Victoria B. (Seraph), Dr. Otto (Plasma weapon)
- New drone: Patron
- New turret: Anti-jamming Support
- Special editions: Eldritch Blight, Cryptic Hazard, Unknown Decay, Unknown Seraph
- Paintjob: Earth Seraph
Tap on the "i" icon next to the event chest to see its reward pool. And follow our social media during the update for more info on rewards and giveaways.
WR in Discord: https://discord.gg/warrobots
WR on Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/walkingwarrobots/
WR in Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/warrobots
NEW TITAN: INDRA
A testament to the extravagance of Yan Di upper class. This is the first titan that walks on three legs, this is the first titan that disappears into Phase Shift to avoid damage, and this is the first titan that ensnares enemies with a power net. They sure know how to show off!
Indra features 1 Alpha and 2 Beta weapon slots. Most of the time you will see it equipped for close range. Try maintaining distance. Not only is it perfectly suited for melee, but its power net also explodes if the target stays within range long enough. The explosion will deal damage to your robot and restore some durability to Indra.
NEW WEAPONS: VAJRA, MAHA-VAJRA
Both cannons send lightning balls to a distance of up to 500 meters. The energy projectiles mess with the target’s engines, slowing it down. The more projectiles hit the target, the slower it moves. Due to low accuracy, Vajra and Maha-Vajra work best at close range.
NEW PILOTS: VICTORIA, DR. OTTO
Victoria: Seraph stays in the air longer and gets increased speed while flying.
Victoria prefers chasing her dream as a combat pilot rather than following the beaten path of a social career in the colony. And what better way to do so than to join Wild Fire, the Iskra’s revolutionary crew?
Dr. Otto: Radiation and plasma weapons get increased fire rate (works on Blight, Hazard, Decay, Taran, and Redeemer).
An adept of nuclear physics, Otto hoped to impress the Yan-Di academia with his groundbreaking invention. After a streak of safety incidents though he found himself ostracized. Well, there will be others who see the true value of my research, you know…
NEW DRONE: PATRON
The drone will apply Stealth to your robot as soon as it gets affected by the Blind effect. It won’t save you from damage completely, but with Patron it will be easier to survive until you can aim again.
NEW TURRET: ANTI-JAMMING SUPPORT
This T4 turret for Protection slot removes EMP, Blind, and Suppression from friendly targets and provides them with a temporary immunity to these effects. Installing additional turrets of the same type will increase the immunity duration.
NEW TITAN MODULE: DAMAGE CONTROLLER
A passive defense module that decreases incoming structural "grey" damage and boosts the overall durability of your Titan.
BOOSTER SYSTEM OVERHAUL
We’ve combined all boosters into 3 types: Attack, Defence, and Resource. Each of the new boosters includes bonuses from all old boosters of the same type. There are two notable exceptions however: the speed bonus was trasferred from the Attack to the Defence category and the Honor part of the Resource boosters was replaced with Gold. New boosters activate automatically when you acquire them and last for 1 battle. Battles where you failed to load into the map or haven’t deployed a bot do not count.
The old boosters in your Storage will convert into new shortly after the release of 8.3. See the table below for conversion rules.
|OLD BOOSTER||VALUE||NEW BOOSTER|
|DAMAGE 5% (30M)||0,7||ATTACK|
|DAMAGE 5% (2H)||1,7||ATTACK|
|DAMAGE 5% (24H)||5,0||ATTACK|
|DAMAGE 5% (120H)||16,7||ATTACK|
|COOLDOWN 10% (30M)||0,7||ATTACK|
|COOLDOWN 10% (2H)||1,7||ATTACK|
|COOLDOWN 10% (24H)||5,0||ATTACK|
|COOLDOWN 10% (120H)||16,7||ATTACK|
|SPEED 10% (30M)||0,7||DEFENCE|
|SPEED 10% (2H)||1,7||DEFENCE|
|SPEED 10% (24H)||5,0||DEFENCE|
|SPEED 10% (120H)||16,7||DEFENCE|
|DURABILITY 10% (30M)||1,0||DEFENCE|
|DURABILITY 10% (2H)||2,5||DEFENCE|
|DURABILITY 10% (24H)||7,5||DEFENCE|
|DURABILITY 10% (120H)||25,0||DEFENCE|
|SILVER 40% (15M)||0,7||RESOURCE|
|SILVER 50% (15M)||1,1||RESOURCE|
|SILVER 60% (15M)||1,4||RESOURCE|
|SILVER 40% (30M)||1,1||RESOURCE|
|SILVER 50% (30M)||2,0||RESOURCE|
|SILVER 60% (30M)||2,6||RESOURCE|
|SILVER 40% (1H)||2,0||RESOURCE|
|SILVER 50% (1H)||3,6||RESOURCE|
|SILVER 60% (1H)||4,4||RESOURCE|
|HONOR 50% (15M)||0,2||RESOURCE|
|HONOR 75% (15M)||0,3||RESOURCE|
|HONOR 100% (15M)||0,4||RESOURCE|
|HONOR 50% (30M)||0,4||RESOURCE|
|HONOR 75% (30M)||0,7||RESOURCE|
|HONOR 100% (30M)||0,9||RESOURCE|
|HONOR 50% (1H)||0,9||RESOURCE|
|HONOR 75% (1H)||1,3||RESOURCE|
|HONOR 100% (1H)||1,8||RESOURCE|
|KEYS 100% (15M)||0,1||RESOURCE|
|KEYS 150% (15M)||0,2||RESOURCE|
|KEYS 200% (15M)||0,2||RESOURCE|
|KEYS 100% (30M)||0,2||RESOURCE|
|KEYS 150% (30M)||0,3||RESOURCE|
|KEYS 200% (30M)||0,3||RESOURCE|
|KEYS 100% (1H)||0,3||RESOURCE|
|KEYS 150% (1H)||0,4||RESOURCE|
|KEYS 200% (1H)||0,6||RESOURCE|
TITAN ECONOMY AND BALANCE UPDATE
The last time we revised titan meta was as far back as 7.2 and judging from our meta charts we’ve accumulated quite a few balance outliers since then. We are fixing them with the update 8.3.
These changes will take place later during 8.3. We will make a separate announcement in our social media when it happens.
First of all, we are tuning down the blinding builds and the new vacuum cannons:
- Dazzler: -10% damage, reduced ammo (120 → 90), effect accumulation rate lowered (20%)
- Lantern: -5% damage, reduced ammo (120 → 90), effect accumulation rate lowered (10%)
- Gargantua: -15% damage, reduced zone of fire (30' → 27')
- Pantagruel: -5% damage, reduced zone of fire (30' → 27')
We’re convinced that it’s the Dazzler-Lantern (and Cinder) builds that make Murometz and Luchador so dominant, but just to be sure we’ll give these titans a slight nerf as well to carve space for other competitors:
- Murometz: reduced Hard Rain duration (8 → 6 sec), reduced extra damage from Core upgrades (25% → 18%), removed Stealth while landing
- Luchador: reduced Reflector power from the Ultimate Defence ability (91% → 80%), reduced structural damage mitigation from Core upgrades (48% → 35%)
- Cinder: -10% damage, reduced ammo (45 → 40), increased reload time (11.25 → 16 sec)
These buffs will make the life a bit easier for the supports:
- Heimdall: +10% repair from the Golden Horn ability, +10% damage from the built-in rocket launcher
- Nodens: +7% durability
- Self-fix Unit: +20% repair power
And these will provide for a solid long-range combo for Sharanga:
- Sharanga: reduced cooldown for Full Power ability (10 → 8 sec)
- Striker: increased ammo (7 → 8), longer reload time (7 → 8 sec), decreased damage per 1 charge (5%)
We also decided to try and revive the obvious outsiders:
- Tsar: becomes a titan version of Trident, increased ammo (1 → 3), increased reload time (4 → 10 sec), reduced shot interval (1 → 0.33 sec), decreased damage per shot (40%)
- Rupture: +10% damage, -10% reload time
And, finally, there is a list of miscellaneous nerfs and buffs as a result of our statistical research:
- Grom: -20% damage, reduced ammo (12 → 8)
- Vengeance: increased reload time (8 → 10 sec), reduced ammo (108 → 94), decreased damage (15%)
- Retaliator: reduced reload time (12 → 10 sec), decreased damage (16%)
- Gendarme: reduced reload time (15 → 12 sec), increased damage (10%)
- Cuirassier: reduced reload time (15 → 12 sec), increased damage (5%)
- Bulava: +15% damage
- Kisten: +20% damage
We are redistributing a significant part of the equipment to lower tiers. The acquisition and upgrade costs for that equipment will be noticeably reduced. At the same time, we are increasing the upgrade costs of T4 weapons (both existing and future ones), so that the cost better matches the item's place on the power curve.
See the chart below for details.
KHEPRI BALANCE UPDATE
Khepri proved to be too powerful in a close range brawl. We are tuning down its stats so that it has to rely on teammates more. This will hopefully highlight the robots role as a support.
- Ability damage mitigation: 40% → 33%
- Ability duration: 15 → 12 sec
- Ability speed bonus: 20 → 15 km/h
DEADCITY VISUAL UPDATE
We've reworked lighting and textures on Deadcity to bring the map in line with WR Remastered standards.
- Fixed the effect accumulation display in the upgrade window of Cudgel, Mace, and Hammer.
- Fixed the Repair Unit expiring faster than intended when working together with Trixie Hope's ability.
- Fixed the speed scaling of Behemoth and Kid.
- Fixed the profile login on the Amazon platform.
THE LIST OF EVENT TASKS
- Welcome to Earth Reclamation Day Celebration!
- Qualifying matches: participate in battles
- Qualifying matches: win required number of battles
- Group matches: destroy enemies
- Group matches: capture beacons
- Group matches: together with your teammates gain control of all the beacons on the map
- Close Combat Mastery: deal damage at distances up to 200 meters
- Sniper Championship: destroy enemies at distances over 600 meters
- Field Repair Mastery: recover durability of robots in battles
- 1/8th Finals: destroy enemies (only won battles count)
- 1/8th Finals: rank in the top-3 among both teams
- Dropteam Mastery: spawn robots (only won battes count)
- Titan Mastery: earn honor points for spawning titans
- Medium Distance Combat Mastery: deal damage at distances from 400 to 600 meters
- Beacon Control Championship: capture at least 3 beacons in 3 battles in a row
- Combat Initiative Mastery: destroy enemies in the first minute of a match
- Survival Mastery: survive till the end of a battle
- Mobility Mastery: capture beacons using robots with Dash ability
- 1/4th Finals: win required number of battles
- 1/4th Finals: win 3 battles in a row
- Shield Mastery: destroy enemies using robots with integrated shields of any kind
- Flight Mastery: deal damage using robots that are innately able to fly
- Semi-finals: destroy at least 4 enemies in a row
- Semi-finals: earn honor points for damaging or destroying Titans
- Pure Firepower Mastery: deal damage using robots with 4 weapon slots
- Four-legged Mastery: destroy enemies using spider-like robots
- Finals: destroy at least 20 enemies in a series of 3 matches
- Super Final: rank 1st place among both teams 3 times