I recently start to play in a new account, from scratch, and I note it is pretty difficult for newbies to get better equipment without pay some amount of money.
To be possible help newbies, I would like to suggest few small changes in War Robots, lets see if someone agree:
1. Should be possible buy some weapons ( Orkan, Taran, Magnum, ... maybe Scourge ) for a big amount of Silver ( + 10M ) for the FIRST TIME. From the second the player should pay gold and if he sold, it is lost. Depends of the Hangar, One extra weapon can add more fun. Perhaps It may works for Medium/Light Weapons and maybe one Heavy.
2. I think there is space for a better tutorial for all kinds of game modes. I note there is some newbies who have really no idea what is going on, they just jump and attack without think in the beacons, etc. Me included.
3. Upgrade time less or equal to 5 minutes should be skipped for free ( instead 1 or 2 gold- but the player should press some button for this ), I used to play a game ( Titan Forge ) who offer this feature and was nice.
4. Will be nice see Silver Bots with special abilities ( or cheap gold like the new Bolt ).
5. Will be interesting be able to "rent" a (good) weapon/robot for 24 hours. Maybe this is the intent of Skirmish...
I think this can made the game more "addictive" and nice to people who start to play.