- Pantheon robots will become available in the Workshop after the Lunar New Year event. Hades will appear a week after the event, then Nemesis will arrive. Ares will be the last one
- WR Royale will be removed from the game once Lunar New Year event begins. Remaining tokens will be turned into another resource after the event. Stay tuned for news
- The Lunar New Year is already live on Android. It will start on other platforms when the update 4.7 will become available there
Lunar New Year Event
Once the event starts, you'll start receiving new tasks. By completing them, you receive special coins that you can spend in the Hongbao Lottery.
From the lottery you get new robots, new weapons, and other prizes.
New robots: Dragons
This time we split new robots into three categories by their power and price. This way even newer pilots can see the new mechanic in action.
New flying robots will be available during the event in the Hongbao lottery. Once it concludes, they will appear in the store as well as in the Black Market.
- Ao Qin — 3500 Au
- Ao Guang — 7500 Au or 10000 components
- Ao Jun — 10000 components
New weapons: Dragon Fire pack
We already have paint jobs for robots... but why not for weapons?
The Dragon Fire weapon pack is our first experiment with alternative weapon visuals. Three news guns — Blaze (light Ember), Marquess (light Dragoon), Calamity (heavy Scourge). All three will be available exclusively during the event in Hongbao Lottery. After the event is over, they will be gone.
When Blaze, Marquess, and Calamity will return, they will have a regular look. When this will happen? Follow the news!
- Invader takes reduced damage while in the air to be more reliable at damage soaking. Rayker got a third ability charge to be better at supporting (this shouldn't affect robot's dueling power though)
- A coordinated push of 6 Hellburners is extremely hard to fight back against. It has a speed advantage, huge damage, plus Repair Kit module made it even harder to destroy. And even if you accomplish this, Hellburner usually goes like "Hell no, you're going down with me!" — and takes you out with the last explosion. We tuned this playstyle down.
- At some levels, upgrade timers stretch for too long. We want exciting milestones to happen more often, so we cut down upgrade times across the whole weapons/robots list.
- Griffin, Leo, and Natasha now have 1 active and 1 passive module slots. Also, we changed the slots on beginner robots like Destrier, Cossack and others.
- The next big update will arrive in April and will include a pack of robots, weapons, and modules — with one big mechanic we will discuss soon.
- Late in 2018 we added measures to reduce league dropping so lower leagues see fewer high-level robots in their fights. Our data shows that the amount of uneven matches has reduced, although that is clearly the beginning. We keep working on the situation — for example, later in 2019 we plan to add a reporting system for marking unreputable pilots.